2020 UTV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY POLARIS RZR
COVID-19 POLICY & PROCEDURES
The UTV World Championship has updated the following policies in compliance with the Federal Government (CDC), Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), as well as Mohave County and Lake Havasu City. These guidelines may be adjusted at any time according to the changing conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We recommend that all racers, vendors, and spectators monitor the CDC and ADHS websites for up to the minute information. Any changes to these policies will be shared on-site as well as via the UTVWC website and social media pages.
GENERAL POLICIES & PROCEDURES:
(Applies to racers, team members, staff, volunteers, & public)
- Anyone with pre-existing conditions or at high risk, anyone who has come into contact with persons who have tested positive for the virus, or anyone experiencing symptoms such as a cough, fever, shortness of breath, or fatigue are asked to please stay at home.
- Face coverings are recommended, but no longer required by law. The UTV World Championship staff, volunteers, and TV production crews will be wearing face coverings to show solidarity with our front line workers both in Lake Havasu City and Mohave County and we ask that the media, spectators, vendors, exhibitors, and race participants please do the same, when not wearing a helmet or in a vehicle.
- Please practice social distancing and stand 6 feet apart when possible.
- Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands often. Hand washing and sanitization stations will be provided.
- Park no less than 10 feet from your neighbor in the campground and when spectating.
- When not racing, please remain in your pit area or campground.
- Please do not roam or visit friends or neighbors – utilize your cell phones or radios to communicate.
- Racers and pit crews please sign the digital waiver HERE to minimize contact onsite. Thank you!
- All safety meetings including the volunteer meeting, media safety meeting, and driver’s meeting will be live streamed to the UTV World Championship Facebook Page with a verified virtual check-in by a random selection.
- Due to the ease of virus airborne transmission, we cannot allow all finishers to speak on a shared microphone – however, class winners will be announced and allowed to pop champagne. Racing will proceed normally with staging and start times as posted. Racers will still cross the finish line stage and we will make our best effort to announce and thank your sponsors and family and friends.
- There will be no in-person awards banquet or volunteer thank-you BBQ, however, we will Live Stream the awards ceremony on Sunday morning. All trophies will be mailed to winners.
- This is a LEAVE NO TRACE event – tickets will be issued for trash left behind or illegally dumped.