UTV World Championship Media Credential Guidelines
Media Credential Request Applications are now closed. See you in 2022!
Welcome to the 2021 UTV World Championship presented by Polaris! Safety for our spectators, racers, volunteers, TV production crew, event staff, and media is paramount at The UTV World Championship. The following Media Guidelines are being provided to you to ensure that you understand your obligations as a credentialed member of The UTV World Championship media. If you have any questions not answered here please contact [email protected].
Credentials are required to shoot on any part of the course during The UTV World Championship race. You do not need credentials to shoot any of the UTV World Championship festivities. The BLM and UTV World Championship Staff reserve the right to remove credentials onsite if any policies or procedures, safety or otherwise, are violated. Media access to The UTV World Championship race is a privilege, not a right, and your access can be revoked at any time.
No media credential requests will be accepted in person. No exceptions. You MUST register online. Media members must be 18 years of age or older. Media credentials are non-transferable, no exceptions.
Media Credential Request Applications
Each individual requesting media credentials needs to fill out a Media Credential Request Application. If you are a media group, a request application must be filled out for each individual. You can register your entire team by selecting how many media you need to register at the registration link. If you are an accredited media news outlet, please contact [email protected] to submit samples of your work and a letter of assignment to cover the event at no charge.
The UTV World Championship will review all credential requests and we reserve the right to approve or deny any application. We require all media to pay for their credential fee as part of the application process. However – submitting a media credential request does not guarantee media credentials.
- If you are granted media credentials, see you at onsite check-in!
- If you are denied media credentials, your payment will immediately be refunded.
Credential Fee – The cost for media credentials is $100 and is non-refundable, unless your credential request is denied. Payment is due once your application is accepted via our online payment system.
Onsite Check In – Details on how to obtain your credentials onsite will be sent out upon completion of your Media Credential Request Application. You must show a valid government issued ID to receive your credentials. They may not be picked up by a third party as you will need to sign important waivers in person at the time of pick-up.
At onsite check in, you will be issued the following identifications:
- “Guest Media” Credential – This is to be worn around your neck at all times.
- “Guest Media” Vest – You will keep this vest and use this vest for all future UTV World Championship and Mint 400 events. If you lose this vest, you will be charged a $50 replacement fee at the next event. No media will be allowed to wear personal vests.
- Waiver Wristband – This is to be worn around your wrist at all times.
- Two Media Placards – Please display your supplied media vehicle placards on the front and rear windshield of your vehicle at all times.
All media personnel must wear the proper identifications to access the UTV World Championship racecourse. Failure to do so will result in revocation of your media credentials and you will be required to leave the course. This is a Bureau of Land Management (BLM) requirement AND IS NOT OPTIONAL. When you enter the media areas ALL persons in your vehicle must be credentialed media.
At onsite check in, you will sign the following documents:
- UTVWC Release Waiver – Each individual approved for media credentials must sign the required UTV World Championship Release Waiver in person before credentials will be issued. Please bring a government issued photo ID with you. This can also be signed ahead of time.
- UTV World Championship Editorial / Team License Agreement – Each individual approved for media credentials must sign the UTV World Championship Editorial / Team License Agreement in person before credentials will be issued. Media licensing is strictly enforced at this event. Click here to read the 2021 UTV World Championship Media License Agreement.
UTV World Championship Media Guidelines
Commercial Licenses – If you need a Commercial License please contact us prior to the event. Footage and photos from this event may not be sold or transferred to a company without our express written permission. No exceptions! What is a Commercial License?
Click here for more information on Commercial Licenses.
Aerial Drone Policy – There is absolutely NO flying of radio controlled “drones”, “quadcopters”, or “helicopters” at The UTV World Championship by Guest Media. Period. End of discussion. Don’t ask. The answer is no. This is in keeping with BLM regulations, Mohave County and FAA requirements. Our insurance will not allow it. We don’t doubt your skills. Just too risky. UTV World Championship STAFF will be flying their drones – that is not a signal you can fly yours. Don’t do it.
Mandatory Media Safety Meeting – There is a mandatory media safety meeting on Thursday, October 14th. Since we are not allowed to gather due to COVID 19 restrictions, we will broadcast the meeting online. Attendance will be taken. We will review safety guidelines, discuss media rights, and offer suggestions for shooting locations. You must be credentialed to attend this meeting.
Media Classes – “Guest Media” and “Staff” – There are two classes of media at The UTV World Championship
- “Staff” television film crew and photographers – The Staff film crews have additional access to areas NOT permitted to Guest Media. “Staff” vest holders shall have the authority to request that Guest Media move if they are deemed to be unsafe, or obstructing television cameras’ view of the race course. Please do not block the Live Stream cameras.
- “Guest Media” – Includes any/all media who are pre approved professionals credentialed by The UTV World Championship wearing a Guest Media vest. Guest Media may be asked to move from a specific location for any reason by BLM personnel, and/or UTV World Championship Staff. Media credentials may be revoked (with no refund due), for any reason at any time including but not limited to: unprofessional behavior, unsafe behavior, and/or ignoring the requests of safety workers and/or BLM.
Race Teams – In the interest of fairness to all race teams, NO RACE TEAM PERSONNEL are eligible for Media Credentials allowing them access to the racecourse. No exceptions. Race team members may NOT leave the designated pit areas to photograph or film the race. Competitor team members may NOT leave the designated pit areas to document the race – doing so will result in time penalties. Your sponsors may not repost, reshare, or reupload video and photos of you at the UTVWC for the purpose of marketing their products and services without a commercial license from us. If you’re concerned or confused about this call us! We’re happy to help.
Safety and Best Practices for Photographers and Videographers
GUEST MEDIA are required to stay back AT LEAST 50 FEET from the racecourse at all times. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO STAND IN THE RACECOURSE FOR ANY REASON. If you are found on the course or within 50 feet of it by a UTV World Championship or BLM official, your media privileges will be immediately revoked and you will be required to leave the event. You are also not permitted to drive on any part of the racecourse at any time. No Exceptions.
Access to The UTV World Championship Racecourse on Thursday, October 14th, Friday, October 15th and Saturday, October 16th. Prior to driving out to the racecourse, please tape your media placards to the front and rear window of your vehicle and put your flag on your vehicle. Please put on your media vest and be prepared to show your wristband and credential badge. Everyone in your vehicle must have a vest, wristband, and credential – no exceptions.
You will be given a map that shows you where you may park your car to access the racecourse.
Please do NOT deviate from the marked roads and parking spots indicated on this map.
Please do NOT park in the designated spectator areas as space is extremely limited.
Please do your best to avoid blocking the view of those spectating when working near those areas.
HELP US PROMOTE THE UTV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! Please hashtag #utvwc and tag @utvworldchampionship on your posts, photos and videos – and when possible select the UTV World Championship locations in Lake Havasu. This helps us track our engagement and stoke sponsors out. THANK YOU!