UTV World Championship Set for October 7th-11th
- 250+ racers entered in the 2020 UTV World Championship presented by Polaris RZR
- 45+ vendors registered for the AZ West UTV Festival at Standard Wash
- 180+ Rigid Industries Poker Run participants ready to explore trails via onX Offroad
- The race will be available to watch via live stream at UTVWorldChampionship.com.
In just a few short weeks, the 2020 UTV World Championship presented by Polaris RZR is set to take over Lake Havasu City, Arizona with the best UTV racers on the planet battling it out for the title of UTV World Champion. Over 250 racers are pre-registered in youth, short course and desert classes, while 45+ vendors are set for the AZ West UTV Festival and 180 participants ready to explore the RIGID Industries Poker Run navigated by onX Offroad. All of the events will now be held in the Standard Wash just five miles South of town.
In order to remain in compliance with the Federal Government (CDC), Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), as well as Mohave County and Lake Havasu City, the UTV World Championship has adopted the following Covid-19 Policy & Procedures. Here are a few very important highlights:
- Anyone with pre-existing conditions or at high risk, anyone who has come into contact with persons who have tested positive for the virus, or anyone experiencing symptoms such as a cough, fever, shortness of breath, or fatigue are asked to please stay at home. You can watch the UTV World Championship via our live stream at UTVWorldChampionship.com.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times at both the AZ West UTV Festival (Tech and Contingency) and race sites by all staff, volunteers, media, spectators, vendors, exhibitors, and race participants (including crew members) when not wearing a helmet or in a vehicle.
- Hand washing and sanitization stations will be provided so everyone can wash your hands often.
- Please practice social distancing and stand 6 feet apart when possible.
Click here to view the COVID-19 Policy & Procedures.
“As we look ahead to our 6th year promoting this incredible event, we are thrilled at what is coming together. Every professional UTV racer in the sport will be in Lake Havasu in a few short weeks! All we need to do as a community is simply wear a face covering when not in a vehicle and spread out. That’s it! That’s easy. We can do that. The Lake Havasu BLM office has been fantastic to work with. This is the same great group of people that permit the Parker race each year and they are pushing for us to be able to make this an annual event,” commented UTV World Championship Co-Owner, Josh Martelli.
“We’ve had to make some adjustments to the schedule in order to get the green flag, but we have it! We’d like to thank the State of Arizona, City of Lake Havasu, the Lake Havasu BLM Field Office and our many sponsors, partners and racers for helping us prepare to set a new standard for events in these changing times.”
The following updates have been made to the Schedule of Events:
- The AZ West UTV Festival, and all other events planned at Lake Havasu State Park, have been moved to the Start/Finish Line inside Standard Wash. Parking and admission are FREE.
- All short course classes will be combined into one race, beginning at 7:00am on Friday, October 9th on the full 29.1 mile race course (two laps!).
- Race Registration has been moved to the Start/Finish Line inside Standard Wash.
The Media Safety Meeting, Drivers Meeting and Awards Ceremony will be live streamed via social media.
- Unfortunately we cannot interview all finishers with a shared microphone – however, class winners will be announced and allowed to pop champagne.
- The UTVWC Welcome Party and Pit Crew Challenge will be canceled this year, but will return in 2021!
Click here to view the updated Schedule of Events.
Racers – Be on the lookout for emails from our Event Director, Kilian Hamlin. All up to date race information can be found: https://utvworldchampionship.com/racerinfo/
Sponsors – Events are the engine that powers our culture. Thank you for your continued support.
Fans – A spectating guide will be published early next week to explain the do’s and don’ts! https://utvworldchampionship.com/spectating/
Vendors – You now have a single location and setup, same great tech and contingency, and now qualifying!
The UTV World Championship is ON!