Join the The UTV World Championship team by volunteering for one of our key positions for both the events leading up to the race and race operations!
The UTV World Championship formally invites all current and previous UTV World Championship volunteers!
The UTV World Championship expects to utilize over 100 volunteers in support of the 2021 event, including race week activities like the UTV Festival & Driver Registration and race operations like Checkpoint Workers and Pit Stewards.
The new UTV World Championship volunteer program will improve communication and streamline overall operations prior to, during, and after the event and races. UTV World Championship staff will recognize each person’s experience, and carefully track the number of hours and days they volunteer.
The program will be managed by 21-year military veteran and racer Jason Prichard to serve as the UTV World Championship Race Operations Manager. Jason will be responsible for overseeing the volunteer crew, and ensuring that race day course logistics run smoothly.
All volunteers will receive an event t-shirt.
There are two ways to volunteer for the UTV World Championship:
1. COURSE VOLUNTEER
There are four main categories of course volunteers to assist in race operations. All four are equally important to the success on race day.
- Pit Captains: Oversee all pit operations and volunteer staff for assigned pit. Ensure all pit procedures are being followed. Conduct morale checks on pit volunteer staff, rotate positions as necessary. Conduct periodic “pit walk throughs” to ensure pit crews are following safety procedures.
- Pit Stewards: Assist pit captain with monitoring all pit activities. Ensures all safety protocols and race competition rules are being followed. Assists with manning pit entry and exit positions, conducts periodic pit walk throughs, and provides guidance and information to race crews as needed.
- Course Monitors: Assigned to designated areas to monitor race and spectator activities. May engage with spectators and non race related personnel to ensure the race course is clear for race traffic. Directs spectators as required to ensure safety for both racers and spectators.
- Checkpoint Workers: Monitor race traffic at various course locations (course intersections, 90 degree turns, etc). Track vehicle times through the position and report information to race operations as necessary.
Click here to volunteer for race operations.
2. EVENT VOLUNTEER
There are many different ways to help with all the events happening at the UTV World Championship that doesn’t get you dirty and dusty! Each year, we seek volunteers to help UTV World Championship event production in the following ways:
- UTV Festival Crew (Tech & Contingency): The UTV World Championship draws thousands of racers and spectators to its pre-race festivities including a massive Tech & Contingency highlighted by the top UTV brands displaying and selling the latest vehicles, parts & accessories. Help our team get vendors placed for the UTV Festival in downtown Lake Havasu and Start/Finish Line.
- Pit Crew Challenge: The UTVWC Pit Crew Challenge will see both professional and youth teams battle it out in head-to-head matchups to determine the fastest pit crews in UTV racing. Help with Pit Crew Challenge operations. We need people to assist in staging vehicles, moving vehicles to the stage, crowd control, prizes, etc…
- Driver Registration – Registering all 1,000 racers is a monumental task! Help drivers get checked in, sign our waivers, distribute driver bags and get them banded! This is an indoor activity.
- Driving Film Crew to Remote Locations on Race Course – Each year, the UTV World Championship has a film crew of around 60 people. We need reliable people with four wheel drive vehicles to assist in moving them to exclusive parts of the race course.
- Waiver Crew – By far the most important part of the event! Help us make sure that all of our participants sign our waiver. Anyone entering a UTV World Championship pit must have a waiver wristband and be part of a race team.
- Poker Run Operations – Previous UTV World Championship Poker Runs have only been 17 miles. This year, it will be 60+! We need people to help dish out poker hands at remote locations along the way. This years Poker Run will have 250+ participants.